Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Assignment 2C > The Mask < ..♪

Well, after our Assignment 2B, we proceed to our next assignment. However, this assignment is totally different from others. Yet, what we need to do is to make our own mask.

Hence, my friends and I worked together to finish our mask. It was a quite interesting steps. Before that, we have found some important information and rules which can help us in our project.

Before starting, we have to prepare some materials:

  1. tapioca flour
  2. glue
  3. newspaper/ papers
  4. Water
  5. poster colour

After prepared all the materials, I proceed my work with my friends. Below is the photos during the process:

step 1:

Mission BEGIN!! First, put a piece of paper on my face.. just to make sure my face won't get dirty and burst out the acne. Then, started to make the mole of my face. My friends helped me a lot with this, thanks to my friends.


Half hour later, the mole has already half dried. Hence, we put the masks on the table to let them can completely get dry.

step 2:

The next day, I tried to put paper-mache on my mole. Here's my product with all the paper-mache. Before doing, I soaked the mahjung paper for few hours and doing the glue by using flour.

step 3:

And, before making the other layers on the mask, I dried it with hair dryer. Unfortunately, by using the hair dryer, the piece of layer will break. Hence, after sticking on the last layer, I just left the mask on the table and let it dry naturally.

step 4:

The process of colouring:

How to get the colour for the face? mix WHITE, BROWN, YELLOW, ORANGE, a little RED. That's all.

step 5:
After colouring, I shaded the eyebrowns on the mask. Please, don't totally use BLACK colour to shade the eyebrowns, add partial of BROWN on it.

Moreover, I drew the mouth and sketched the location of the eyes. Then, I used art knife and scissor to cut the hole on the eye's location.



Finally, mission COMPLETED!!